Dec 04, 2017
Consulting Services, Land-Use and Land Cover Change Observation
Call for Proposals
- Deadline: Jan 18, 2018
- Country: Ecuador
Contract: DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PRE-PROCESSING AND PROCESSING CHAINS TO DETECT LAND-USE AND LAND COVER CHANGE IN ECUADOR USING THE SYSTEM FOR EARTH OBSERVATION DATA ACCESS, PROCESSING AND ANALYSIS FOR LAND MONITORING (SEPAL)
BMZ No. 2008.65.477
The consulting firm will provide the following services:
1. Develop and implement the pre-processing chain of multispectral optical data (Landsat 8, Sentinel-2) and radar data (Sentinel-1) in SEPAL to provide the inputs for different processing chains.
2. Propose, test, and implement the processing chain to detect and classify land-use and landcover change using SEPAL.
3. Process annual land-use and landcover change and detect burned areas covering the period 2014-2017.
4. Validate the land-use and landcover change products and detected deforestation 2014-2016.
5. Guarantee the appropriate transfer of know-how and capacity to use, maintain, and develop the pre-processing and processing chain in the Ministry.