The German National Hydrogen Strategy and the Reallabore der Energiewende (“Living Labs for the Energy Transition”) from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) support the successful phase-out of coal and drive the development and implementation of new technologies.
Alongside extensive public funding programs, legislation such as the Strukturstärkungsgesetz (Structural Improvement Act) paves the way for ideas and innovation and offers companies major opportunities to move forward with the transition to renewable energies, to invest in sustainability, and to positively shape change. The four coalfield regions in Germany boast above-average potential and provide companies with a multitude of prospects:
• Access to centers of excellence, universities, research and demonstration facilities
• Attractive financing and funding packages
• Stable environment with secure political, legal, and financial conditions
• Extensive availability of land and space for innovation and growth
• Central location at the heart of Europe
Join us and help shape the transition from coal-based power generation to a sustainable, innovative economic sector within the context of our obligations under the Paris Climate Agreement.