The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) has announced a second round of the “energy saving meter pilot programs” funding. The objective is to increase energy efficiency by helping customers to understand their exact energy consumption and load hours for each of their devices by digital means.
The second round runs from February 22nd, 2019 through December 31st, 2022. The funding is open to companies and company consortia.
The program supports companies that want to test, demonstrate or bring to market innovative pilot projects that save electricity, oil, gas, biomass, heat and/or cooling by employing IT solutions in various sectors and user groups.
Pilot projects must fulfil the following conditions:
- Measure and display energy consumption at the customer’s site, at least for groups of devices or for individual devices,
- Based on these measurements, offer individualized energy saving tips,
- Motivate the customer to implement those tips,
- Show the effect of implemented energy-saving measures,
- Quantify the energy saving (“before and after” measurement)
- Visualize energy and costs savings on a display,
- Test innovative value-added services for energy efficiency,
- Log any rebound effects and if possible provide tips to reduce these.
NB: This information is provided as a courtesy only. No claim is made to completeness, accuracy, or timeliness. Further terms and conditions apply. Refer to the original funding conditions for official information.
If you are interested in this program or would like to find out more about how our funding and energy efficiency industry experts can support your company in expanding to Germany, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA) – Funding announcement (in German)