Investor Conference: "Renewable Energies in Germany - Opportunities for Malaysian and German Companies"
On the occasion of a German delegation visit, Germany Trade & Invest and the Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry organized an investor conference in Kuala Lumpur on April 11, 2013. During the event Malaysian company representatives had the opportunity to learn more about the German renewable energy market and Eastern Germany as a business location.
Industry experts presented success stories as well as business opportunities in Eastern Germany. The locational advantages of the region and future potential of the German cleantech industries were discussed. Especially Eastern Germany has advanced to the very forefront of cleantech industries and is going to offer great opportunities for companies from these sectors.
Furthermore, Syed Azmin Albukhary, Chairman of Sun + Lite & Power, shared his company's success story. Sun + Lite & Power is active in the field of solar pv manufacturing and EPC, LED based products, green building, energy storage and consultancy in Malaysia and Eastern Germany.
Reception and Welcome
- Alexander Stedtfeld, Executive Director, Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Dr. Günter Gruber, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany, German Embassy Kuala Lumpur
- Invest in Germany - Powerhouse Eastern Germany
Peter Alltschekow, Managing Director Marketing & Communications, Director Eastern Germany, Germany Trade & Invest
- Renewable Energies in Germany - Status Quo and Future Business Potential for Malaysian Companies
Mandy Ouw, Manager Renewable Energies & Resources, Germany Trade & Invest
- Experiences in Investing in Germany
Syed Azmin Albukhary, Chairman, Sun + Lite & Power
- A Few Comments about KNM’s Experience in Investing in Germany
Michael Lee, Head of Corporate Strategy KNM, KNM Group Berhad