The German Energy Transition - Market Potential for U.S. Companies
German-American Renewable Energies Business Breakfast Seminar
Germany Trade & Invest (GTAI) and the German American Chamber of Commerce organized a breakfast seminar for American company representatives on June 25th, 2013 at The Heathman Hotel in Portland.
While enjoying an exclusive breakfast, participants had the opportunity to discover the full advantages of investing in the renewable energy market in Germany. Industry experts provided insights in the current status, future trends and Investment Opportunities in the German Renewables, Smart Grid and Energy Storage Market and showed how successful US-entrepreneurs already invested in Germany, especially in Eastern Germany.
- Breakfast Coffee and Buffet
- Mini-Exhibition of German Federal States from Eastern Germany
Welcome and Opening Word
- Bernhard Abels, Deputy Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Peter Alltschekow, Managing Director Marketing & Communications/ Director Eastern Germany, GTAI
- Michael W. Grainey, Renewable Energy Expert, Business Oregon
- Key Note and Local Industry Insights
- Thomas Grigoleit, Director Renewable Energies & Ressources, GTAI
- "Current Status, Future Trends and Investment Opportunities in the German Renewables Market"
- Dipl.-Ing. Gunnar Wrede, Head of Energy Economics & Politics, Younicos AG
- "Relevance of Future Technologies for the German Energy Transition"
- Steve Mahon, Vice President - Operations, Cascade Microtech
- "U.S.-Success Story in Germany"
- Master of Ceremonies: Angelika Geiger, Director, GTAI San Francisco
This event was part of a roadshow with further events in the United States (Palo Alto on 26th of June and Los Angeles on 27th of June 2013). These two events focused on the renewable energy market in Germany as well.