The German Energy Transition - Market Potential for U.S. Companies
German-American Renewable Energies Dinner Reception
Germany Trade & Invest (GTAI) and the German American Chamber of Commerce organized a breakfast seminar for American company representatives on June 27th, 2013 at The Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles.
While enjoying a gala dinner, participants had the opportunity to discover the full advantages of investing in the renewable energy market in Germany. Industry experts provided insights in the current status, future trends and investment opportunities in the German Renewables, Smart Grid and Energy Storage Market. Among other, they showed how successful US-entrepreneurs already invested in Germany, especially in Eastern Germany.
- Mini-Exhibition of German Federal States from Eastern Germany
Welcome and Opening Words
- Dr. Bernd Fischer, Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Peter Alltschekow, Managing Director Marketing & Communications/ Director Eastern Germany, GTAI
- Marie Leslie, President, Los Angeles Business Council:
- Key Note and Local Industry Insights
- Thomas Grigoleit, Director Renewable Energies & Ressources, GTAI
- "Current Status, Future Trends and Investment Opportunities in the German Renewables Market"
- Dipl.-Ing. Gunnar Wrede, Head of Energy Economics & Politics, Younicos AG
- "Relevance of Future Technologies for the German Energy Transition"
- Master of Ceremonies: Angelika Geiger, Director, GTAI San Francisco
Dessert und Networking
This event was part of a roadshow with further events in the United States (Portland on 25th of June and Palo Alto on 26th of June 2013). These two events focused on the renewable energy market in Germany as well.