Due to the fact that the basis for the tender has changed significantly since the publication of the Prequalification Notice, the tender has to be cancelled.
The Services requested under this assignment will be implemented and tendered in three separate Lots (subject of this tender). Applicants are invited to apply for one or several Lots.
The aim of the GCFI is to assist the Republic of Iraq in its efforts to support the return of internally displaced persons (IDP) and by these means to contribute to the stabilization of the country. This shall be reached through investments and the swift reconstruction of degraded basic infrastructure in the territories liberated from the so-called “Islamic State” in the provinces of Al-Anbar, Diyala, Niniveh and Salah-Al-Din, i.a. in the health sector.
To this end a detailed Feasibility Study (FS) of several health facilities has been undertaken.
The Feasibility Study included the assessment of the interdisciplinary Nursing Home Special Hospital (NHSH) Baghdad. The rehabilitation of the NHSH are now to be implemented under the Project. (Lot 1)
The FS also covered two general hospitals in liberated stable governorates with large numbers of returning IDP being Haditha Hospital in Al Anbar Governorate and Al Dour Hospital in Salah Al Deen Governorate. At both hospital sites construction works had been halted but, as a result of the FS, works are now to be resumed and completed under the Project. (Lot 2)
The design and construction of a Health Care Facility in Mosul Governorate will be included in the Project. (Lot 3). The exact location is yet to be defined. Through Project funding following main components shall be implemented:
- Preliminary design of health care facilities
- Detailed design of architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical designs/drawings
- Procurement of construction works
- Detailed assessment/review of architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical designs/drawings where applicable
- Completion of the hospital constructions in Haditha and Al Dour
- Procurement and installation of medical and non-medical equipment incl. rendering technical user training
- Supervision of incidental services and cost warranty maintenance
- Development and implementation of a Remote Monitoring and Project Information System
Requested Consulting Services:
- Services are to be provided by a consulting firm or consortium, offering a team of sector-and subject-related experienced international and national experts. The firm shall fulfil its tasks and services largely in the Iraq. The nominated team leader will be responsible for ensuring a well-planned, coordinated and effective internal and external interaction with all concerned participants in order to ensure a timely and successful elaboration of services. The team of international and local staff shall comprise expertise in Public health and hospital management, hospital planning and architecture incl. necessary engineering expertise of infrastructural supply technology, ESIA expertise, procurement of medical equipment, hospital business planning. Apart from technical qualifications, key staff should have adequate experiences in regional, social and other non-technical issues.