Tradition provides the basics…
Ideas in lightweight design need demand from industry. Industrial production has been Germany’s USP ever since.Relevance of German Industry Sectors | © Forschungszentrum Jülich; Federal Ministry for Research and Education (BMBF)
Lightweight construction represents not only weight savings for industry, but also the implementation of new applications as well as system properties. This leads ultimately to own-product cost reductions as well as the production of completely new products. Using lightweight construction, companies are able to strengthen their own competitive position.
Lightweight construction is reflected in three ways in Germany’s industrial and technological landscape:
- in the design and construction process
- in the mastery of production technologies
- in the selection of suitable materials
Germany means that you are in the center of future trends in lightweighting:
- Benefit from a dense network of centers of excellence which include producers and R&D players in new materials, automation and tooling, who continually expand their knowledge by learning from each other.
- Chose your material either from refined metal processing or be part of pushing the industrialization of carbon fiber into new uncharted applications.
- Join a lightweight community and benefit by a support structure, not only offering public aid for R&D and production but also market intelligence and community building in at least five main clusters.