Investment Guide (226)
reset all filters
Hit: 226
  • Jan 11, 2013
    store page page bookmarked

    "Mini GmbH" (Limited Liability Entrepreneurial Company)

    The Mini-GmbH (Unternehmergesellschaft UG, haftungsbeschränkt) is not a separate legal form of company, but a GmbH which has a minimum capital of less than EUR 25,000 and where cash subscription is required. This means that it is possible to set up a company with limited liability in Germany with capital of only EUR 1.00.
    In order to compensate the initial absence of capital the company has to retain a quarter of its annual profit until it has accumulated the minimum shareholder capital of an ordinary...

  • Dec 14, 2012
    store page page bookmarkeddownload

    Public Funding Framework

    Source of Funds
    Most incentives are funded through the financial resources provided by the European Union (EU). The German government and the federal states also provide their own funds.
    The amount of the financial resources provided for European wide distribution is set by the EU for several years in funding periods in line with uniformly implemented regulations in accordance with European competition rules. The EU also defines structural and thematic priority funding areas that may receive...

  • Feb 13, 2012
    store page page bookmarkeddownload

    Visa for Partner and Children

    Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic Germany has temporarily introduced travel restrictions and border controls. For latest information please refer to our special website Corona Crisis and Germany.

  • Feb 13, 2012 Investment Guide to Germany
    store page page bookmarkeddownload

    Company Taxation

    Germany does not have a consistent nationwide tax rate for companies. For corporations, the average overall tax burden is just below 30 percent, with certain local municipalities offering significantly lower rates still. Hence, Germany offers one of the most competitive tax systems of the big industrialized countries.
    Components of Company Taxation
    Companies are usually taxed on two levels:
    1. Corporations - such as the limited liability company (GmbH) or the stock corporation (AG) - are subject...

  • Feb 13, 2012
    store page page bookmarkeddownload

    Schengen Visa and National Visa

    For short-term stays in Germany (up to 90 days in any 180-day period) all non-EU citizens require a Schengen visa to enter Germany. With this visa, entrepreneurs can perform most activities necessary to set up their business in Germany. For more information, please refer to the following site:
    Visas for Setting up Business
    Is the duration of the stay exceeding 90 days (in any 180-day period) or is a (self-employed or gainful) occupation taken up, a national visa is required to enter Germany. In...

  • Feb 13, 2012
    store page page bookmarkeddownload

    Residence Permit and Settlement Permit

    Entrepreneurs from non-EU countries require a residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) or a settlement permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) if they want to run a business in Germany on-site or if they are employed in Germany.
    A residence permit is always limited in time, a settlement permit is unlimited. A settlement permit will usually be issued, if a non-EU citizen has been in possession of a residence permit for at least five years. Both residence and settlement permit are always issued for a specific...

go to top

Log in

Please log in on this page with your log-in details.