The objective of the Energy Efficiency in Rural Power Supply Phase II (the “Project”) is to upgrade and expand distribution and transmission infrastructure for increased access to energy, improved electricity services for the rural population and to contribute to primary energy savings.
The tentative scope of the Project’s investment measures are the following:
- Component 1: Extension of the medium voltage distribution grid (either 22kV or/and 35kV, incl. station transformers) in the province Siem Reap and other provinces to reduce losses and allow for additional energy access.
- Component 2: a) Construction of one 115/22 kV GIS substation in Siem Reap city, b) Extension of two line bays at South Siem Reap Substation (KfW Phase I), one line bay at Pouk Substation, and one line bay at Bakong Substation ( Pouk and Bakong Substation are the nearby substations in Siem Reap), c) Construction of transmission line (approx. 2 km HV U/G cable) connecting from the existing transmission line to the new GIS substation in the inner Siem Reap.
- Component 3: Project implementation consultant services – Support to EDC in procurement and supervision of works and supplies, assistance in contract management, monitoring of compliance with environmental and social safeguards requirements
The Consultant is expected to conduct the following main tasks:
- Review existing studies and surveys and conduct additional surveys and assessments as required
- Prepare preliminary/conceptual designs of selected project measures
- Prepare cost (CAPEX, OPEX) estimates for project measures
- Economic and financial analysis
- Prepare implementation plan
- Develop an Environmental and Social Management Framework in accordance with the KfW Sustainability Guidelines.