BASF Schwarzheide GmbH
Apr 24, 2015
|Total Site Area
290 hectares (568 acres)
Total Free Area
100 hectares (247 acres)
Number of Permanent Staff
Number of Companies On-Site
Key Benefits for Investors
The BASF Schwarzheide Site provides a direct connection to the German rail network and the federal motorway A13 as well as a powerful multi-modal container terminal transferring shipments from street to rail. Daily block train shipments exists to important overseas harbors e.g. Antwerp, Rotterdam or Tarragona. Free storage space for chemicals and hazardous material storage are available on site. A fully redundant energy supply with on-site power plant, hazardous waste incineration and wastewater treatment plant completes the chemical site infrastructure.
- Raw Materials On-Site
A direct integration and access to the value chain of BASF and other companies on site may unlock new business opportunities for investors. In addition, synergies exists by integrating into the broad product and logistics network of the BASF Group through dedicated daily block trains.
Fenced and open site area with own fire brigade and site security as well as a broad range of all relevant site services with outstanding chemical and technical expertise supports production. “Plug & Play” block field system ensures direct availability of all utilities required for typical chemical productions on site.
Companies profit from benefits using the BASF site pilot plant for developing and upscaling chemical synthesis, and various process improvements. Furthermore Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Research IAP operates a processing pilot plant for biopolymers on site, which supports companies in the development of new bio-based plastics.
- Companies may integrate into the plastics, chemical or specialty value chain on site
- Part in the value chain of bioplastics production
- Engineering plastics for automotive/electronic-industries
- Polyurethanes or special-foams for insulation, packaging or moldings
- Companies in the industrial sectors plastics production and processing, biotechnology, performance chemicals, or specialty chemicals in general
Potential Business Partners
- BASF: Polyurethane basic products and systems, engineering plastics (as PBT), styrenic polymers, ecoflex-biodegradable polymer, foams (EPP, EPS, XPS), water-based coatings, cropprotection agents
- Biopetrol GmbH: Biodiesel
- Cyclics Europe GmbH: CBT-Engineering plastic
- MIWAC: Polyaluminium chloride
- Petopur GmbH: PET derivatives
- SDC Materials GmbH: Nano materials
- Febra Kunststoffe GmbH: Neopolen mouldings
- Puralis GmbH: Elastomers
- relog plastics GmbH: Plastics recycling
- Air Liquide-Technical gases
- Bertschi-Container terminal
Partners of Site
- ZAB - Brandenburg Economic Development Board
- Cluster KuChem - Plastic and Chemical Network
- CeChemNet - Chemical sites network
- KuVBB - Plastic network Brandenburg/Berlin
- VCI – Verband der Chemischen Industrie e.V.
- WiL - Wirtschaftsinitiative Lausitz e.V.