Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum
Germany Trade & Invest will be present at the Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum „The future shape of UK rail services following the Williams Rail Review“. This is a full-scale conference taking place online
Meet our colleague Marc Lehnfeld from GTAI London.
This conference will focus on the future shape of rail services across the UK.
It will be an opportunity for key stakeholders and policymakers to consider how the Government should take forward the expected conclusions from the Williams Rail Review, which is expected later this year.
Areas for discussion include:
- the future for the franchising model, and control of mainline and local rail networks
- the long-term model for financing the railways, and for subsidies and returns for rail operators
- delivery of improved consumer services
- options for reform of the ticketing system - such as simplification of fares and tickets, introducing flexible ticketing and part time
- season passes, and addressing overcharging and the differentials between off-peak and peak prices
- Priorities for reforming the UK rail system and recommendations from the Williams Rail Review - new commercial models, improving financial sustainability, and delivering value for passengers
- Designing a user-first service and improving the passenger experience
- COVID-19 disruption, resuming rail services, and addressing safety challenges - controlling limited capacity, designing social distancing, and protecting the health of passengers, staff and operators
- Developing a rail network fit for modern infrastructure, industry and passenger requirements
- Creating a digital railway for passengers and the network - data, improving signalling, and cost reduction
- Next steps for managing UK rail services - strengthening accountability and incentive structures for rail operators, and improving passenger protection and experience