Container with Crane | © shutterstock.com/Alex Kolokythas Photography
Accelerate Your Business in Europe's Logistics Hub
Located at Europe's center, Germany is the continent's largest economy and most important logistics hub, offering world-class infrastructure and cutting-edge logistics services.
The location provides companies with opportunities for convenient Europe-wide distribution and easy access to the EU's 500 million consumers. Find out how Germany can accelerate your business and connect you with European markets - both West and East.
The World Bank Logistics Performance Index 2018
Germany is the Global Logistics Leader!
Ranked #1 three times in a row in World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI of 2014, 2016, 2018) of 160 countries. More
- Germany ranked #1 three times in a row by World Bank’s bi-annual Logistics Performance Index (LPI) rating of 160 countries.
- Germany is Europe’s logistics giant, with annual revenues of over EUR 260bn, equal roughly to France & UK, Europe’s 2nd & 3rd largest logistics markets combined.
- Europe’s No.1 economy & 4th largest worldwide, annually generating EUR 3.0 trillion worth of goods and services.
- Germany is the world’s 3rd largest exporting nation and 3rd biggest importer of goods.
- Germany is a global leader in logistics innovation, technology and services with over 3 million industry employees in ca. 60,000 companies.
- Germany is the #1 Intralogistics exporter with EUR 15.8bn, followed by China & the USA with EUR 13.4bn and EUR 6.8bn respectively.
- Home to global logistics leaders, such as Deutsche Post World Net (Nº 1), DHL, DB Schenker and Dachser.
Germany's central position in the EU makes it an ideal location for logistics hubs and distribution centers in Europe. Serving over 82 million Germans, 150 million consumers in its 9 neighboring countries, and nearly 500 million EU residents, Germany is your direct link to western and eastern European markets.
Germany is a global leader in logistics higher education: our universities produce highly skilled graduates who are ready to work for you.
Over 100 universities and universities of applied science foster advanced logistics knowledge and make us the world’s leader in developing new and innovative technologies and bringing them to the market.
Marc Rohr | © GTAI/Illing & Vossbeck Fotografie
"Thanks to superb accessibility, infrastructure, and services, Germany is the benchmark for European-wide distribution."
Marc Rohr | Director Digital & Service Industries
Incentives | Physical Infrastructure | Stable Investment Environment
Our government provides companies with generous support for employment and R&D in addition to industry-specific incentive programs.
We offer an extensive and comprehensive logistics infrastructure that integrates state-of-the-art transportation networks with the most modern telematics, IT, and telecommunications systems.
Social, economic, and political stability provide a solid base for your corporate projects. Our judiciary and civil services are highly professional. Contractual agreements are secure, and intellectual property is strictly protected in Germany.