Germany’s Federal Government recently adopted its seventh energy research program, which defines energy research policy for the coming years. The budget for the period to 2022 totals a hefty EUR 6 billion. The funding announcement defines four focus areas for energy research:
- Energy use: buildings and neighborhoods, industry and commerce, energy transition in the transport sector and fuel cells
- Energy supply: wind, solar, bioenergy, geothermal, hydro- and marine energy as well as solar and conventional thermal plants
- System integration: power grids, power storage, sector coupling, hydrogen technologies
- System-wide energy transition research: e.g. CO2 circular economy, digitization, resource efficiency
If your business is interested in researching and developing the clean energy solutions of tomorrow here in Germany, don’t hesitate to contact our team.
- Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy – Funding Announcement (in German)
- Energy research funding (in German)